Hunter Stoves Group Ltd Warranty Options
Any appliance bought through the showroom of an authorised Hunter Stoves Group dealership will automatically be covered by our standard 2 year conditional guarantee.
However this standard 2 year warranty can be extended to a 5 year or 10 year conditional warranty dependent on the model type (5 years- Boiler models, 10 years- Room heater and Gas models).
To qualify for this extended warranty option you need to:
1. Register your purchase by one of the following
(i) Online here
(ii) By Fax. 01392444617*
2. Retain your proof of purchase.
For the Standard 2 year or extended 5/10 year warranty to be valid and to remain in force throughout the warranty period the following must have been carried out:
- The appliance must have been installed by an appropriately qualified engineer (HETAS or Gas-Safe in the UK) in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and in compliance of any relevant national or local building regulations.
- The appliance will need to be registered within two months of purchase and the commissioning and installation documentation completed (these need to be kept by the end user).
- The appliance must be serviced within 12 months of the installation date for the second year of the standard warranty to be valid, and within every 12 month anniversary thereafter to maintain the validity and coverage of any extended warranty. For this purpose the installation and user instructions, supplied with the appliance, makes a provision for receipts and annual services to be recorded. This is needed in the event of a claim during the warranty period.
- Only genuine Hunter Stoves spare parts or consumables can be used in the servicing and maintenance of the appliance during any standard or extended warranty period. These can be sourced from your authorised supplier directly or through our website spares portal. www.hunterstoves.co.uk/spares.
- Any problems or issues giving rise to any claim under the standard or extended warranty must be submitted to the authorised Hunter Stoves Group retailer from whom you originally purchased the appliance. Hunter Stoves Group will then offer appropriate support and help through your original authorised supplier to solve any issues.
- The standard or extended warranty option is not transferable. It is solely for the benefit of the original purchaser of the appliance. For this purpose please retain the proof of purchase.
No warranty period is extended to naturally-wearing replaceable consumables and spare parts within the appliance. Such parts include, but are not limited to:
For Solid Fuel Stoves:
Glass and rope/ceramic seals
Log retainers, grate supports & catch bars
For Gas Stoves:
Gas pilot assemblies
Thermocouples and Oxy pilots
Ceramic log & coal 'fuel -effects'
For both Solid Fuel and Gas Stoves:
The paint or surface covering of the appliance:
- Damage to the paint surface caused by the appliance being stored in a damp and cold environment is not covered on the warranty.
- In the course of the initial firings of the appliance the paint or enamel surface may change colour. This is considered to be normal and as such is therefore not covered by the warranty.
- Damaged caused by over firing, resulting in cracking, bubbling or discolouration to the paint or enamelled surface finish is not covered by the warranty.
- Damage to the appliance due to specific local conditions caused by draft or chimney defects.
- Damage resulting from installation and use where installation is not in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions or local building and/or safety regulations.
- Damage or premature wear caused by burning inappropriate fuels such as Bituminous coal, “Petro-Coke” or any other Petroleum based coals. Please visit the HETAS website, www.hetas.co.uk, for a full list of approved fuels which are covered by the warranty. Fuels outside of this list are not covered by the warranty.
- Damage caused by burning material with high creosote content or any other painted/treated timber.
- Consequential loss to associated non Hunter Stoves Group products is not covered under the warranty.
- Consequential loss relating to decorations, soft furnishings or other household assets is not covered under the warranty.
- Cost associated with the removal and re-installation of an appliance subject to a warranty claim.
Hunter Stoves Group total liability will only extend to the total purchase price paid for the goods in any warranty claim. Hunter Stoves Group reserve the right to replace, repair or refund to value of goods purchased.
ANY HUNTERS STOVES GROUP PRODUCT PURCHASED VIA AN INTERNET SUPPLIER, OR THROUGH AN UNAUTHORISED STOCKIST WILL ONLY BE SUPPORTED BY THE STATUTORY, 12 MONTH GUARANTEE AND WILL NOT QUALIFY FOR ANY EXTENDED 5 OR 10 YEAR WARRANTY.
The Hunter Stoves Group extended warranty option does not affect your statutory rights.
This revised standard or extended 5 or 10 year warranty option comes into effect on 1st September 2015 and will apply to all appliances sold from that date.
This standard/extended warranty applies to purchases of Hunter Stoves within the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland. Purchases in all other countries are subject to the warranty conditions specified by the distributer in those markets.
For a list of authorised stockists please use our dealer locator.